Well, my plan to blog every day sort of died quickly! But never fear, I'm still here. Apologies for the major gap in posts.
Quick update: L is LOVING school! I'm loving her school as well...for the most part. I've had a few minor issues, namely L getting bit by another child not once, not twice, but three times so far. I also know of three other times this child had bit another child. When I tried talking to the teachers about it, there really wasn't a solution provided and I'm still not confident that they will keep L from being bitten again. But the plan is that as soon as it happens again, we'll be headed immediately to the school director's office for a chat.
School for me is going great. I'm holding a 4.0 across the board, so that bodes well for me when it comes to applying to the nursing program in the spring. I'm having difficulties letting the immaturity of some of my classmates roll off my back. It's pretty sad that adults (because they're 18 and technically adults) have such issues paying attention in class and not spending that time texting, playing computer games, or surfing Facebook. I can only be responsible for myself but it gets distracting and it does bug me that while I am paying for this education out of pocket and therefore need to put forth 100% effort, other students are squandering their opportunities. Oh well. Live and let learn!
I've also started helping to teach an ESL class at the local mission. It's been a ton of fun and the students in the class are wonderful. I was just asked this week to develop some lesson plans and review sheets for the students to use, which was a huge compliment. I'm excited to do that, especially since this is the type of work that I did right after graduating from college the first time. It's also a great opportunity for me to work on my Spanish skills since all the students are native Spanish speakers.
Now, for the future plans: I'm in the process of leaving Facebook - a process that is taking a lot more time and energy than it really should! Of course, based on how much folks depend on online interactions to stay in touch this means there are several folks who will be out of the loop about the goings on in our lives. But I realize that blogging gives me more control over who sees my musings, thoughts, updates and such so I'm planning to make this in to more of a "what's happening in our corner of the world" blog than a "mom-centered stuff" blog. I probably won't have a particular topic that I'll stick to, so there will probably be a lot of different types of posts here. I used to do this a few years ago, but had started depending on Facebook more and more.
So, that's pretty much all for today. I'm back. And I hope I won't disappear quite so often for quite so long.
No comments:
Post a Comment
This isn't a debate forum...Please keep that in mind when making your comments. Thanks, and happy mothering!